Coral Gables, FL
Salary: $40,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
We are looking for a Managing Editor to play a major role in the day-to-day editorial operation. While Coral Gables is preferred, the ideal candidate could work remotely.
In addition to providing your own expert curation, this position requires you to:
- manage a global team of editors to insure they are curating the news accurately and selecting the most relevant stories
- monitor stories selected to insure a balanced and wide-ranging selection
- conduct periodic performance reviews and continually improve the competency of the editorial team
- manage social media efforts
- develop content for the daily newsletter
- produce short videos that recap the day’s events
- work with senior management to identify strategies to better engage readers
You will manage experienced journalists with an impressive list of awards and credentials, get to experience the fast-paced, exciting environment of a digital media start-up, and get in on the ground floor of an exciting concept.
What are we looking for? We want an experienced journalist who has served in a managerial role. You’ll have great references, command of the rules of style, excellent writing skills, passion for news, great research skills, and superior intellect.
About News and News
Are you frustrated by the partisan shifts that have occurred across much of the mainstream media? Do you feel Americans are increasingly using social media and automated news feeds to reinforce their beliefs? Have you asked yourself if there is a better way to keep Americans informed? If so, we invite you to come work for News and News as we strive to become the antidote for the biased and made-up news epidemic.
News and News is an independent, non-partisan news source that provides readers news articles from hundreds of media outlets every day. Our editors scan thousands of sources around the clock to ensure News and News is up-to-date with a constant flow of new information. We also produce newsletters that analyze the day’s happenings and help readers better understand implications.
Our team has won numerous journalism awards, worked at some of the best known news companies, earned diplomas from leading universities, and has experience in both digital and traditional media.